AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

Lindsay's Flower




This past week I hung out with my friend Lindsay who inspired me to make a flower piece accessory. Here's what I came up with:

1. I started with different colors of felt bought at Michaels. Then I cut some patterns out of cardstock paper for the petals of the flowers. Cut them whatever shape you like. Mine are shaped like a lily.





2. Next, I pinned the patterns to the felt to get ready to cut out.





3. Then I cut these out.


4. Next, I found some thread. Lots of thread. Pick a color that matches your felt, so it's easily hidden.





5. Then, sew a safety pin on the back of the petal that will be on the bottom of the flower (back of the flower). I put my largest petals in the back. The safety pin is what you will use to attach the flower to things.



6. Then align your petals how you want them to look and sew back to forward a few stitches.



7. Pick out a cute button or bead to stitch in the middle.



Then wear it! On a shirt...


or on a headband in your hair!



...


Speaking of flowers, Chris gave these to me on Thursday!
Beautiful!

2 comments:

Laurie Sue said...

What beautiful flowers -- both the crafty felt flowers that you made and the spectacular tiger lily's that Chris gave you. What a wonderful husband! He's a keeper!


MOM

Lindsay said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy to have inspired you to make these...they're awesome!!! I want to make some now too! SO cute! :)

Blogging tips