AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

love doves



Today was the end of my first of five classes this summer. Each class lasts two weeks. So, now I have one class down and four to go until the end of July. And ya know... its been quite enjoyable.

Through this class I read Holler If You Hear Me by Gregory Michie, parts of The Silent Language by Edward Hall, and The House on Mango Street by my girl Sandra Cisneros. We also visited the Islamic Mosque in Columbia, volunteered at Loaves and Fishes (a soup kitchen in Columbia), and St. Francis House (a house homeless men in Columbia). And now... I have until 1pm on Monday morning before I have to think about school again.

Nice. But honestly, I'm already looking forward to the next class.

In other news, here are some things I've been working on... mixed media art.

Felt and buttons and paint.



Here's how you can make your own easy-to-do felt artwork:

1. Grab a canvas, old or new.


2. Paint it the color you like. You could do any kind of backgroud. Be creativo!


3. Make your pattern, and cut out your felt. If you're worried about hand drawing your pattern, go online and print some out or get some at a local craft store.


4. Align your patterns the way you want them and sew your patterns to the canvas. I sew the buttons on first and then use the button as the sewing starting point. If you don't want to sew the patterns, you could also try hot gluing them.


And poof! A beautiful and oh-so-easy masterpiece for your living room, bedroom, kitchen... etc etc etc


2 comments:

breezylucia said...

"by my girl Sandra Cisneros" made me LOL.

you should try emphasizing the stitches on the canvas. like use a diff color thread and outline the birds or something? or sew the outlines of things like clouds or other birds. entiendes?

cant wait to see these things in real life...and get one as a present from you ;)

thanks for skyping today!

Marcy said...

those would be so cute stitched onto a pillow for a wedding gift for a couple. 2 turtle doves are associated with love. Cute idea love it. Think I may have to give it a whirl.

Blogging tips