AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

reupholstering help


Well, yesterday turned out to be a poor afternoon. It was one of those days that was just not right. I was mad at Chris over lettuce, and he was mad at me over the way I parked the car. Yes, one of those days. Hopefully it is followed by a much better today. Each day is new after all.

Here is what I need help with:

Over my small spring break (aka: long weekend) I am going to work on a few things around the house apartment that I have been wanting to do for a long time. The first I would like to change is the cover of the wooden chest in our bedroom (above). The chest was given to me by my dad and suzanne for my 18th birthday. I absolutely love it, but I am ready to reupholster.

These are our bedroom colors:





I have been searching Joanns like crazy. I am a big fan of Waverly fabrics. So, I have narrowed it down to these 4 fabrics:


Which do you prefer?

8 comments:

Lesley said...

i love the last one, but with your room in mind i vote for number one... not too much, but a little pop of color. :)

Ashleigh said...

I love the last one (and #2 and #3 - lol), but looking at your bedroom, I think I would go with #2. Can't wait to see it when it's done! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stevi said...

I like the first one in the context of the rest of the room. But you could patchwork it and use all of them :-).

Aaron said...

Sundial Citrine

sam fiek said...

I really like the last one!

Laurie Sue said...

If it's easy to reupholster then go with the one that brings the most "pop" to your room. If it isn't easy to reupholster then go for #1 - some muted color, but not enough color that it would clash with your decor in the future.

Now for the Momma part - life is really TOO short to be mad. I get in bad moods, but I refuse to allow myself to be mad. That being said, the next time Chris does something that irritates you - be honest with him - tell him, and then follow it with a kiss and/or hug. It's a wonderfully reassuring way for your husband to know that he's a man and screwed up, but your not ridiculing him. It works pretty good (for both Tim & I) in the Dunn house unless there's basketball on the telly (just a joke between Tim & I - one of those times he needed a big smooch and a reminder ;-)

I love you and miss you and we need to plan a visit soon!

Lindsay said...

The bottom right one is my favorite for the room...I like the bold pattern, but the single color palate makes it not too busy. Good luck! Let me know if you need any help with reupholstering...I've done it a couple times!

Blogging tips