AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

our dining room: an artist's palette




I promised a few weeks ago that I would share some pictures of our new apartment. I hesitate to do so because it is a work in progress... We wanted to take advantage of the move (and extra space) to create new pieces of art for our home. Unfortunately, this means that until we get time to create, we will have some bare walls and spaces. (And a lack of dining room chairs).

I'm pretty sure I am okay with that though. It will be well worth it.

With that being said, I really wanted to show our new dining room, what we are calling an artist's palette because it is *full* of color. It is most definitely diy.

Check it out:









Inspiration for bookshelf and rainbow pattern

All the pieces on the bookshelves were important gifts or knick-knacks from our past that we loved.







"Let It Be" Beatles painting done by my little brother for my bday.

The painting on easel was from my 2D college class.

The framed quotes are greeting cards from the amazing artist Brian Andres that I matted with scrapbook paper and framed with old frames we already had.

The table runner is an old craft sabbath of mine and the wooden bowl was handmade by my papa and given to us as a wedding gift two years ago.

Like I said: the majority of the room was diy.

And. I. Love. It.

(but we still need dining room chairs)

3 comments:

Blogging tips