AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

Colorado!

Good morning!
Andrew, Kirstin, me and Christopher

It is Day 3 of many in Estes Park, Colorado. After making the drive on Sunday, we've had a few days to unwind and get settled. I don't want to brag or anything... but this place is pretty awesome.

Right now I am sitting at my homey kitchen table in the wooden cabin that will be home to us and The Schulzs for the next few months. It's beautiful. I keep thinking it's too good to be true... that we aren't actually staying here for the summer. Then I get excited because I remember that we are. Oh yeas, we are.

Our cabin is surrounded by pine trees and beautiful views. Mountains are everywhere. Elk droppings are everywhere. Deer get close and little ground squirrels run around like meerkats.

Our hearts are so excited. Can you tell mine is? Maybe so.

...

We've kicked off the summer well. So far we have already done one hike and I've sewed a couple things. I will be posting before and after photos of these soon... once I get a valid photo shoot in the mountains. (I may have waaaay too much fun with that)!

But for now, here are some photos from our first hike on Day 1 to Morraine Park:

The Swift Current
(for REAL, it's called that!)



Morraine Park
Rocky Mountain National Park


By the way, I have loads of time on my hands up here in these mountains so I may annoy you with my MANY blog posts this summer. Just prepare yourself for it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow! Beautiful....have fun, be safe.

Lindsay said...

I won't be annoyed at all by many blog posts...keep them coming! I'm going to live vicariously through you :). So jealous!

Blogging tips