AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

updating a thrifted skirt

To kick off craft sabbath summer, here is my first project of the summer: updating a thrifted skirt.

The skirt before: I bought this skirt a couple of years ago from Salvation Army. I loved the crazy, vintage pattern but I knew there was something just not right about it. It was just a little too long for me. Can you tell?


The skirt after: Knowing it was too long I sewed for an upgrade. I chopped off about a foot of the fabric and actually sewed it on the inside of the remaining skirt (since the skirt was a little see through on sunny days). This was my final product. Pictures taken by Kirstin Schulz.




Any thoughts? I am pretty sure I love it now.


What are you stewing up for craft sabbath summer
Email it to me at aimeelaurenswift [at] gmail [dot] com

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So cute! Like your shirt too ;)

Laurie Sue said...

My daughters are so incredibly beautiful. I love you and miss you!

Blogging tips