AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

JOY

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18





For years, this has been my prayer. 
That the Lord would soften my bitter heart.
That the Lord would break down my hardened self and conflicted thoughts.
That instead of jealousy
slander
envy
pride,
That instead of selfish thoughts
and feelings of inadequacy,
That the Lord would bring joy each day to my life,
and that I would choose to live in this joy daily.

For my 27th birthday, I treated myself to this daily reminder.
Not a reminder that I have to be happy always, 
but that I would choose joy daily
That I would choose to live in the goodness of his blessings,
with a joyful, prayerful and thankful heart.

And the Lord is so sweet.
Just after I inked myself, the Lord spoke to me with the kindest reminder that
[I bring Him JOY] also.


Thank you, sweet Jesus.

3 comments:

henning love said...

i love your daily reminder because we need it we need to remember that we can have joy in our daily life because of what the Lord has done for us, more than we can ever imagine!

Anna said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your tattoo. So simple and beautiful and it declares truth and joy over you! What an awesome reminder. Love the placement too. You may have inspired me to get some new ink!

aimee paule said...

Thanks Meg and Anna!

Blogging tips