AIMEE_BEE_BLOG_HEADER1
home (4) about me (7) down syndrome (6) contact

DIY refinished dresser


About a year ago I inherited my Great-Grandpa's old dresser. I wasn't pregnant at the time, but my brother was leaving for Washington state and was planning on pitching his old dresser. I couldn't stand the thought of it going into the trash, so I decided to keep it in our basement, not knowing a year later it would become my daughter's changing table.

Because of all things crazy, Mr. Christopher helped me get this beauty done. We just finished it a few weeks ago, but I love how beautiful it turned out. I love that it was my Great-Grandpa's, then my Dad's, then my brothers... and now it belongs to The Rose.

Here's what it looked like before:

Chris removed the hardware.
Sanded.
Sanded some more. (But not TOO much because I still wanted the niches to show through).
Stained.
Stained.
Stained.
And finally covered it with a protectant layer and put on new hardware!

Here's what it looks like after in The Rose's nursery:

It's a perfect changing table for us because it's low (we're short, if you didn't know), it has great storage and it has family HISTORY! (Bonus!)


I also added some scrapbook pages to the bottoms of the top drawers for prettiness.



That's all for now.

P.S. I have plans to get back into this blogging thing consistently now that The Rose is almost 12 weeks. Pray for me. :)

No comments:

Blogging tips